[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation June 23/24 from Slovenia

Hi All!

I finally got to observe again. Although I am a bit sick I could not
resist the temptation of the clear skies that were washed by rain
earlier that day.
I headed for my standard observing location but ran into two loose
dogs that were not looking very friendly. So I decided to drive uphill
for a few more kilometers. There, it seemed to be more peaceful
but soon after I began observing I heared some wild boars and
other wild animals but fortunately they stayed fairly distant (more
than 20 meters, anyway) for the whole observing session.
I had ocasional thin clouds passing every now and then but not
enough to force me to stop observing (see F factor). The meteor
activity was satisfactory although I did expect some more activity
in the first part of the session when the sky was really dark. In all I
recorded 15 meteors in 1.37 hours teff, two of them being
Sagittarids while others were sporadics.
The brightest meteors were two -2 sporadics. The first one at 23:31
UT moved slowly very low over northern horizon and was clearly a
fireball for those underneath. The other was a fast yellow meteor
that shot through Corona Borealis and Bootes and left a 1 second
train. Another good meteor was a slow +1 meteor seen in Draco's
head that appeared just seconds after the second -2 meteor.
Hopefully the weather will stay clear tonight to allow me to observe
more!

Clear skies to you All!

Javor
The Summary: