[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #667

 Although the Bootids were a washout here in Nashville, I read a report from
a group of cavers attending a large outdoor convention in Northern Georgia on
June 25 which described what seems to be a nice fireball. While watching a
fireworks display, two of the cavers turned away from the display and were
treated to what they described as "the best meteor I have ever seen blazing
low on the horizon". They were extremely impressed and excited, and asked if
anyone in the large group had caught it on video. So far no one has answered
yea or nay, but there is a possibility that someone did catch it and can
distinguish it from the more terrestrial fireworks.

Steve Loftin