[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lunar Flash or Flare

Cosmological greetings!

They forgive me if it goes off topic, but I would like to know somebody of
this list saw two flare, or better, two flash in the Moon. , today July 02,
2001, between 17:30 and 18:00 local time (14:30 and 15:00 U.T)? And the
first of them happened closer to the center of the Moon and very brilliant.
The other flash happened little time later (I believe that about 10 minutes
after the first) and less luminous good in the south border of the Moon.
The Moon met between the Constellation Oph and Sco, to the about 20 degrees
on the horizon East, and the planet Mars shone close of her. The sky was
still relatively clear, because that are in the winter in Brazil and it
darkens earlier.
Do forgive me the ignorance, but... would I also like to know this
occurrence type it can be meteor or some other phenomenon? Another thing,
when of the occurrence of phenomenons of that type, do we say, flare or
flash???
Very thanked
Celestial hugs

Rosely - Br.