[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bakersfield Fireball

> (.
> I've requested that the recorded data be reported.
>
> Bob V.
Hello Bob,

> My friend, Tim, was driving South down I-5 near Lost
> Hills [near Bakersfield] yesterday morning and saw a
> beautiful sight.  A large meteor came glowing through
> the sky [from east to west]. He woke up his wife &
> told her to look as it broke up into five pieces. They
> watched it cross the windshield & then watched it out
> the side window.  Did anyone else
> see it?

It would be very helpful if you could provide the time as near as possible.
We have a radio meteor scatter system with a directional antenna pointed
somewhat east of Bakersfield.  Nevertheless, it is possible we might have
picked this up in one of the side lobes of the antenna.

Thanks for your help.

John Meyer, Director
Van Andel Creation Research Center
Chino Valley, AZ