[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 14/15 Obs. - First Perseid?

   Sunday morning I was up in the mountains of West Virginia observing and
managed to get an hour of meteor counts in. I didn't count for more than an
hour as I wanted to get some good looks at comet LINEAR A2 and the Deep-Sky
with my 20-inch Dob. and binoculars. I think I may have seen my first Perseid
during that hour. Also, I could see comet LINEAR A2 with the naked-eye at 5.5
magnitude.

                     Mountain Meadows, Mathias, West Virginia

DATE (2001) TIME (UT)   LM   SGR  PER  PAU  SPO   Total   Comments      FOV
Jul. 14/15  5:30-6:30   6.3   2    1    1    6      10   Cres. Moon  22:40 +15