[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation July 16/17: YAHOO!

Hi!

  Last night I observed with Javor Kac from Mariborska Koca. The sky
was fairly good, considering the humidity. LM reached 6.8, but the clouds
were a major obstacle and we could only observe a bit over an hour.
  The period started out slow. The first good meteor was a -1m sporadic
in Ursa Major 12 minutes into the session. Javor missed it because Ivek
was standing in its way. Then at 23:07:02 a -5m bluegreen fireball
exploded in CrB, producing ground illumination and a 5 second persistent
train. I thought that was the highlight of the night, but it didn't even
come close!! At 23:57:00 a -8m green fireball blazed straight down
Aquarius. It was visible through thick cirrus cover, had a 5 deg halo.
Yahoo!!!

The summary:
PeriodUT	F	teff	LM	CAP	AQU	PER	Spor
21:29-22:44	1.00	1.18	6.80	1	0	0	26

Magnitude distribution:
Spor: -5(1) -1(1) 0(2) +1(0) +2(4) +3(5) +4(6) +5(6.5) +6(0.5)
CAP:	+2(0.5) +3(0.5)

Clear skies!

Jure A.