[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) South Iota Aquarids

I read Rob's message and data for July 17 with great interest. I was
somewhat surprised to see the South Iota Aquarids producing such strong
rates at this early date. For visual observers this shower does not
reach a ZHR of 1 until July 25 and a peak ZHR of 2 on August 4. To
produce rates averaging 2.2 per hour on July 17 with some cloud
interference this shower must be faint or the activity dates need to be
updated.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford

Rob McNaught wrote:

>There was considerable interference by cloud in the latter half of the
>night, but the following numbers were recorded by MetRec

      UT       SPO CAP SIA PAU SDA NDA PHE LIN