[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Fireball or meteorite fall(?), 04:11 Local 11 Jan 2001, NW CO USA

Aron, it is not clear whether the detection you mention was of an actual
"meteorite" (in other words, a surface impact), or simply a very bright
"meteor" or fireball (in other words, bright flash in the atmosphere, but
no corresponding surface impact)? Knowing this may be helpful for some of
our readers to help in answering your question.

Also, if you would care to share any details about your case studies, I
think our readers would enjoy hearing about them.

NOTE: Aron is not a current 'meteorobs' reader. If you follow up, please
MANUALLY put 'kirschne@bvsd.k12.co.us' in the "Cc:" line of your reply!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:43:30 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aron Kirschner <kirschne@bvsd.k12.co.us>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Subject: Meteor on 1/11/01

Dear Meteorobs:

I am currently doing a case study for NOAA using infrasonic technologies.
I have detected a meteorite using my data that occured at 4:11 in the
morning on January 11, 2001. The position was most likely in northwestern
Colorado.   I would like to corellate my data with any other sightings,
and as so far have been unable to find any  sightings of it. If anyone
knows of a sighting of this meteor, I would be pleased to know about it.

Thank you.

Aron Kirschner

------- End of Forwarded Message