[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fireball activity increase?

July 19, 2001

Greetings Meteor Enthusiasts!

I have not been out  meteor hunting lately, but I am
definitely planning to do so soon!  I am simply amazed
about the number of fireballs seen and posted on
meteorobs recently --- and within such a small
timetable.  There are even more that I have read
about, not currently recorded on the meteorobs list
that I may try and post links to, for the benefit of
all you -4+ mag., enthused readers.

Nevertheless, all of this excitement has continued to
arouse a question that I have been pondering.
Are meteor hunters detecting an unusual increase in
fireball activity in the past couple of years,
particularly in the past few weeks?  Or has the number
of fireballs remained fairly constant over a long time
span?

My e-mail is marktfoxvdb@yahoo.com.

Hope you hear a sonic boom!

Mark Fox