[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) INFORMATION ON Virus W32/SirCam@MM (Sir Cam Virus)

Title: McAfee.com Dispatch - VIRUS ALERT
JUST IN CASE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND TO ANYONE...

Todd L. Mattson
VP, Director Information Services/Operations
Wolf Group
1350 Euclid Avenue, Suite 1100
Cleveland, Ohio  44115-1815

main 216.241.2141
direct 216.479.2300
fax 216.479.2438
cell 216.533.7406
email tmattson@wolfgroup.com

    Home  |  Anti-Virus  |  My Account Info  |  Login   |  Subscribe

Virus Fixes
Find out more about this virus. Click here to go to the W32/SirCam@mm Help Center.
Become a McAfee.com subscriber and check your system online. Click here.
Purchase the latest copy of VirusScan, please click here.
Purchase the VirusScan Maintenance Plan which entitles you to updates and an upgrade to the latest version of VirusScan, click here.
Download the latest DAT files, click here.

Anti-Virus Tips
Find out how to detect and prevent viruses with these handy tips. Click here.

Special Offers
SAVE UP TO 33% on security for your computer AND get 20 hot songs from MP3.com. Click Here!
Get a 2-year subscription of VirusScan Online now only $39.90 (USD)! SAVE $10!Click here.

W32/SirCam@mm (Sir Cam Virus)

Dear Todd:

McAfee.com has seen a large and growing number of consumer computers infected with W32/SirCam@MM. This is a HIGH RISK VIRUS FOR CONSUMERS. The infected email can come from addresses that you recognize. Attached is a file with two different extensions. The file name itself varies.

The email message can appear as follows:

Subject: [filename (random)]

Body: [content varies]

---ENGLISH VERSION---

Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice
or I hope you can help me with this file that I send
or I hope you like the file that I sendo you
or This is the file with the information that you ask for

See you later. Thanks

---SPANISH VERSION---

Hola como estas ?

Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto
de vista
or Espero me puedas ayudar con el archivo
que te mando
or Espero te guste este archivo que te mando
or Este es el archivo con la información que
me pediste

Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

The virus searches for .GIF, .JPG, .JPEG, .MPEG, .MOV, .MPG, .PDF, .PNG, .PS, and .ZIP files in the MY DOCUMENTS folder and attempts to send copies of these documents to email recipients found in the Windows Address Book and addresses found in cached files.

Click Here for detection and removal instructions.
McAfee.com VirusScan Online and Clinic subscribers:
If you don't have ActiveShield installed and updated, you are not protected from this virus. Click here to download ActiveShield.
Retail VirusScan Users: Version 4.0.70 and above with DAT file 4148 will detect and remove this virus.
Click Here to download the latest DAT files.

[ You are currently subscribed as: tmattson@clemail.wolfgroup.com ]

McAfee.com Support: To contact us about this Dispatch, click here.

Subscribe: If you received this message from a friend and would like to subscribe to McAfee.com Dispatch, click here.

Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive email, click here.

Note: Promotions are subject to change without notice.

Click here to view our permission policy.
Trademarks 2001 McAfee.com Corporation / All Rights Reserved.