[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Fireball activity increase?

Maciej and All,

To be honest I don't believe that there is any connection between the
major showers mentioned and the fireballs that have been recently
reported. As the weather warms more people are outside after dark. This
fact could certainly produce more reports by itself. It usually occurs
year after year at this time.

I have been out 3 times this week and have seen roughly 100 meteors in 8
hours. The brightest was -2 so it must be the European's turn to see
these bright meteors! :)

I have not been able to post my results since I am still busy answering
email that I received while I was out of town. Maybe tomorrow?

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford

Maciej Reszelski wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Maybe it connection wth strong activity from Leonids and Perseids
> on recent years. For now active is 'fireball' shower Alpha
> Capricornids. My ACAP highlit is -8 fireball on 1995. I hear also
> about increasing activity from this one durnig a few past years.
>
> What is your opinion Bob? Any connection with mean firebal activity
> from great showers?
>
> Best regards,
> Maciej
>
> To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:

Follow-Ups: References: