[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation 21/22.07.2001 from Ribniska koca, Slovenia

Hi!

Finaly found some time to observe the meteors again! On our astronomical
camp, there were 3 clear nights, but i spend them by our telescope
photographing some variable stars.
But the night affter the Camp, Jure A, Javor and my self drove to 1532m
high place on Pohorje mountain. The place is called Ribniska koca.
We were on allmost the highest peack off the Pohorje. And it was really
cold up there, becouse of the high winds blowing i guees between 40-50km/h.
The sky there is really clear. On the horizont were some clouds, and you
could see the reflection of the some bigger towns. This was not so nice :-(
But still LM was reachin 7.00. I managed to observe for 1h teff and than
some stupid clouds obscured half off the sky and so we had to break our
regular observation.
After one hour off the skies cleared again for some more 10minutes.
But the hol time there were some holes in the clouds, and so i made some
estimations of the RR Lyr and i also estimated the mag of the comet C/2001
A2 Linear wich i think saw whith naked eye (but im not sure), i estimated
his mag to 6.7

Here is my report:
Begin: 20:45 UT
End: 23:05 UT
Location: Ribniska koca (l=15° 16' 10"E  fi=46° 29' 41"N)

Period (UT)  Teff  F    Lm   PER  CAP  Spor
20:45-23:05  1.08 1.13 6.92 C  5 C  0  C 26
Breaks: 21:46 - 22:58 UT

Magnitude distribution:
PER  0(0.5) +1(2.5) +3(2)
SPOR +2(2) +3(6.5) +4(9.5) +5(8.5) +6(0.5)
Average magnitude of the Spor was 4.0 and Per 1.7

Clear skies
Jure Z