[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) July 16, 2001 Meteor Observations From California

Bob,

> Location: Pine Valley Viewpoint 116 29'43" W  32 49'49" N  ELE = 1300 m
>
> Bortle Scale Estimate:  Class 4 (Rural/suburban transition)

I find your Brotle Scale Estimate comment very informative, actually more
than your LM! I think it would be good if all reports contained this piece
of information.
The sky at Jezerski vrh last night was Brotle Class 3 (Rural sky) in spite
of my high LM of 7.3! LM actually qualified it for Class 2 but there was
just too much light pollution, especially in the northeast.

Mariborska Koca ranked Class 4 on two nights of the camp and Class 3 on
one night.

Clear skies!

Jure A.