[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Garbled media reports?

On TV news this morning they're talking about a "meteor shower"
last night in the eastern USA -- not saying when it happened.
As they're mentioning sonic booms, shall I assume they are
garbled reports of the daylight fireball that André Knöfel said
was being reported to the Fireball Data Center?

Regarding the New Jersey event from days ago -- weren't they
very slow-moving and long-lived things, I mean lasting several
minutes (i.e., not meteoric)?

Are there no other reports of daylight fireball seen on Sunday
15:10 UTC from Staten Island, New York?

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA