[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor over 8 Eastcoast States - and more

From Aerielle Louise  ;-)
Mn.Talk Radio Network
7/24/01

From Peter Davenport of the National UFO Reporting
Center:
http://www.UFOcenter.com

Generally, it was seen from North Carolina to New
Hampshire, and from
Delaware to Ohio.

I include the report from Germany.

Peter

International Meteor Organization (IMO)
Fireball Data Center
--------------------
http://www.imodot net

At 6:19 +/- 5min p.m. EDT, a very bright daylight
fireball was visible in

the Appalachian
Mountains region. The following descriptions came via
internet to the
FIDAC:

Millerstown, PA         much brighter than full moon
                        similar to the brightness of a
magnificent
setting
sun
                        white, bright orange, red
                        left a extremly long trail of
smoke
                        T. Byers, J. Byers
Ahoskie, NC             bright, look like a plane on
fire
                        north - northwest
                        orange/yellow
                        D. Harrell
Bobcaygeon, Ont. Canada brillant white, tail red with
flashes of blue
                        approx  . 30deg above the
horizon from east to
west
                        very fast
                        T. Yeo
Arlington, VA           very bright
                        duration 10s,
                        white, then orange
                        south/southeast to
north/northwest
                        D. Earnest
Gaithersburg, MD        bright white yellow
                        direction north, 30deg above
the horizon
                        R. Lipman
Cameron Mills, NY       -8mag
                        3sec
                        yellow nucleus, orange outer
shell
                        rumbling sound
                        A. Smith
Shinglehouse, PA        duration 5-10s
                        white, tail orange/yellow
                        F. Stonemetz
Penfield, NY            like a torch in daylight
                        begin az: 105deg, elev. 30deg
                        end   az: 125deg, elev. 20deg
                        duration 1-2s
                        white orange
                        sparkling
                        D. Rogers
Edgeworth, PA           orange/red
                        direction NE
                        duration 2s
                        J. Dooley
Old Bridge, NJ          extremly bright object
                        red/orange
                        long trail
                        F. Block
Front Royal, VA         as bright as full moon
                        northwestern direction
                        orange, blue/green
                        fast
                        C. McGlothlin
Syracuse, NY            duration 15s
                        red-yellow
                        W. Murphey
Buffalo, NY             brilliant against day sky
                        begin az: 140deg elev. 13deg
                        end   az: 155deg elev. 10deg
                        duration 1.5s
                        red and orange
                        velocity 10deg/s
                        D. Sheehan
Hagerstown, MD          bright
                        orange/yellow
                        L. Ebersole
York county, PA         duration 3-5s
                        orange/yellow
                        smoke gray/black
                        TV news
Crestview Farms, NJ     duration 3-4s
                        blue, then yellow/orange
                        white cloud-like contrail
                        fast
                        maybe hissing sound associated
with descent
                        M. Leana/J. Shimp
Coventryville, PA       much brighter than full moon
                        begin az: 360deg, elev. 45deg
                        end   az: 320deg, elev. 20deg
                        duration 3-5s
                        red, blue, white
                        A. DePaolis
Eatontown, NJ           duration 4s
                        orange and yellow
                        fast
                        J. Maida

-----------

André Knöfel
Fireball Data Center

((END MESSAGE))

((BEGIN COPIED UNCONFIRMED REPORT))

100 Date:  07/23/01
110 Time:  22:45
130 Sighting City:  Aschersleben
140 Sighting State:  .
165 Sighting Country:  Germany
168 Number of Craft:  15
172 Shape:  Light
I worked on my computer as my friend told me over
internet i should look
at the sky.  I called my mother and we saw a glowing
light,seemed to be
not far away,after that i saw an orange light Moving
very fast from left
to right.

At this time,6 of us saw these objects.

I called my friend and we met late in the night to
watch out for more
objects.In this night we saw more orange lights moving
on the sky and
then flying away with very high speed.Like in Star Trek
if the spaceship
warps in hyperroom.

((END REPORT))