[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation 21/22.07.2001 from Ribniska koca, Slovenia

Hi Mike,

  since Jure hasn't replied yet, I might as well do it. It is true that
Slovenia borders Croatia where war had raged for over five years, but it
is a common misconception that there was war in Slovenia too. There
actually was no real war here. So as far as minefields or undetonated
bombs, if that's what you had in mind, are no problem. I'd say Slovenia is
as safe as any other western European country from this standpoint.
  Locations we go to are safe even as far as wildlife is concerned, you
will not encounter anything larger than an occasional fox or a friendly
cat! There are some locations where bears have been seen, but so far we've
been lucky there as well.

Oh yeah, there aren't any REALLY remote areas in Slovenia! It's only 400km
across!! Sometimes, that really bothers me. You can't really find a
location where you won't see at least a small light dome...

Clear skies!

Jure A.