----------

Meteor over PA  By: Mike Lewis
 Airdate: 6:00pm
Tuesday, July 24, 2001

The calls are still coming in tonight from viewers who think last night's
meteor landed in their backyard. Experts we talked to say chances are the
'ball of fire' crossed Pennsylvania intact.

Skycam 16 was above one farm in Lycoming County, off Route 220 in Anthony
Township. On the ground we found holes in some corn stalks. But no evidence
that was caused by anything un-natural. The farmer here some it could be the
work of worms.

First reports suggested a 20-foot strip of scortched earth where the meteor
landed. But Astronomer John Sabia night dismissed that theory. "Meteors are
cold when they hit the earth. They won't ignight a corn or hay field."