[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the fireball show must have ended by 0730 as I saw nothing for the
next 4 hours. There were some bright meteors, -2's and -1's and a few
from the north (mostly Perseids). It was slow until the moon set and
then the activity really pick up. There were lots of everything but
mostly faint. I actually saw 2-3 6th magnitude meteors this morning. The
LM was once again great nearly approaching +7.0. Everything is on tape
so there will be some delay before I can post the results. After 8 hours
of work today I have been up for nearly 24 hours straight. I'm pooped
but after a short nap I'll be out for another 3 hours tonight. That will
be it for me until the Perseids. It has been a productive month thanks
to the very cooperative weather in this area (no mid or high level
clouds to speak of since July 8. After tonight it can cloud up all it
wants until the Perseids :)

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford