[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Outreach Efforts

In January 2001, the North American Meteor Network (NAMN) began to focus
additional effort on informing and educating the public about meteors. One
program we have implemented is to provide copies of our monthly newsletter,
NAMN Notes, to planetariums and astronomy clubs. These groups are free to
use material from the newsletter for their own newsletters, bulletin boards
and public programs. Currently, this service has over 50 subscribers, but I
believe this can be expanded with the assistance of 'meteorobs' readers.

To help with this outreach effort, I ask that you check with your local
planetarium or astronomy club newsletter editor, and see if they would be
interested in receiving a free copy of our newsletter. Those who
would like a copy each month, may subscribe by sending a request to Lew
Gramer at dedalus@alum.mitdot edu.

My thanks to everyone for helping promote meteor science awareness!

Mark Davis, meteorobs@charlestondot net
Goose Creek, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network (NAMN)

NAMN Website: http://web.infoavedot net/~meteorobs