[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Missile Launch

Greetings All

I've noticed that the fireball sighting I reported on June 25 has now been
classified as a missile launch on the AMS fireball sighting log. Is there a
source for this information? I've checked the military site mentioned in
posts. The government is not very forthcoming.

Do such launches produce electrophonic sounds? I heard rushing sounds at the
time of the sighting. I dismissed them figuring they were imagined because I
expected there should be a sound. It wasn't until I read Pierre Martin's
website that I learned what it was. I find this interesting in relation to
the commentary regarding what people expect to find when meteors "land."

Finally, a little off topic thought. As a former newspaper editor with a
father who worked for ABC, if you find reporters creating news about the
Pennsylvania event, just imaging what goes on with the day to day "news"
reporting.

Regards,
Deborah Bailey