[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Taiwan Leonid weather

Sorry about the apparent inconsistency. Yes it is very unlikely that
mobility will be available in the short term. If you're up, you're not
getting down. If you're down, you will only be able to get up as far as the
bottom of the jam; if there are clouds, the bottom of the jam is not likely
to be above them.

   What I intend is to spend the previous night or two on the mountain, and
based on all the information I can get, cloud, cloud height, and looking at
the Central Weather Bureau website, decide if I want to remain there for
that night, or go to Kenting, Taitung, Tainan etc.

BTW, I did not intend to put a guilt trip on anyone re the Sky Cam.
It's just something that I think would be good to do. Also I gave some
reasons I can relate to why it would be a good idea.

    If it doesn't happen, that's o.k. by me too. However, I feel that
someone is going to do it, and may also make some money from it.

    Anyway Mike, don't worry. You just hold your breath. In 25 or 30 M years
Hawaii should be in just the spot to watch the 2001 Leonids. Can assure you
no traffic jams, but not sure what I could do about the km or two of water
obscuring your view.

:-)