От: Tom Fleming <enders_gt1@prodigydot net>
Кому: Meteor <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Дата: 4 августа 2001 г. 15:07
Тема: (meteorobs)

The 'fulgarite' shown on CNN was some kind of slag about 18" in diameter. It
was neither delicate nor a tube.  It wasnt necessarily the 'meteor' either.
But this rock allegedly struck one of the service stands with an electric
meter - shattered the glass and came to a rest nearby. They showed an
indentation in the driveway strata - not a pure asphalt but a hardened
surface of gravel. The indentation appeared to be about 6 inches deep with
sedimentation in the bottom from rain that night. This indentation may or
may not have correlated with the impact. Can anyone resolve these
discrepancies?
Tom