[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: photos of perseids

20 second or even one minute exposures are a waste of film. The odds of
capturing a meteor on such a short exposure, even during the Perseid
maximum, is remote. I would suggest at least 5 minute exposures making
sure the camera is aimed well away from the moon. A good region of the
sky would be due north toward the north celestial pole (Polaris). Star
trailing is minimal in this region. If you have the capability of a
driven equatorial mount this by all means use it as the results will be
more pleasing.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford