[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids latest?

At 11:59 05-08-2001 , you wrote:
>Hi all !
>Hi Casper !
>
>Casper :
> > But wait only a couple of days when Meteoroids 2001 in Kiruna, Sweden
>takes of.
> > Latest predictions will be presented at this meeting.
> > Please note the time of the outbursts will only slightly change from
> > earlier predictions.
>
>I'm almost sure you can't say anything before Peter Jenniskens speaks in
>Kiruna, but my wife and I we where ready to buy some flight tickets this
>week for Korea or Australia, depending on the price ...
>Are you sure we can book this flights ? Any big change about timing of the
>outburts ? If the big one outburst (18H19 TU) were only a few dozen of
>minutes earlier, this could change many things in Australia for exemple ...
>
>Christophe

Hello Christophe,

I would suggest to wait booking your flight after Meteoroids 2001...
David Asher (oral) and Peter Jenniskens (poster) both present their latest
predictions.
It might be interesting to learn on their findings and discussions which
certainly will emerge.
Oh yes: you will note no big change on the time of the outbursts. Perhaps a
couple of minutes.

Best wishes,

Casper.

>To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Tel. +(31)-30-2203170, Fax. +(31)-30-2202695, XOIP: +(31)-84-8699068
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445, GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-20247982
E-mail_1: casper.ter.kuile@wanadoodot nl
E-mail_2: casper.ter.kuile@dmsweb.org
E-mail_3: webmaster@dmsweb.org
DMS website: http://www.dmsweb.org