[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: predictions for Perseids 2001?

Bob,

If you wish to try capturing Perseid earth-grazers I would try as soon
as it becomes perfectly dark on either evening. I have seen Perseid
earth-grazers before 10pm local time. They seem to prefer appearing in
the western half of the sky for some reason. They are spectacular as
they shoot from low in the north and travel 60-90 degrees before
disappearing. The best thing about these meteors, besides appearing at a
decent hour, is that they last for several seconds giving everyone in a
group a chance to turn around and see it.

Good Luck!

Bob Lunsford