From: Larry Murphy <Lawrence_Murphy@bose.com>
To: "'gentilepiano@yahoo.com'" <gentilepiano@yahoo.com>
Subject: astronomy question
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:14:53 -0400

Louis -

I located your website and didn't know to whom I might direct this question.
Perhaps you could provide me with some insight. On July 25th between 10pm
and 11:30 I witnessed what appeared to be an Asteroid ? from the beach in
Marshfield. I'm sure this is not a unique experience. What was phenomenal
was the length, distance and brilliance of the object falling. It was bright
yellow with a definitive and long yellow tail. It fell for what seemed like
more than five seconds as it burned up in the atmosophere. I was curious if
you knew if this was something specific or just a normal occurance.
perhaps a falling satellite? I've certainly observed the skys before and
never witnessed such a sight. Any info or insight you provide would be
helpful. If you have a suggestion as to where I might better direct my
question I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance for any info you can
provide.

Regards,
Larry Murphy

------- End of Forwarded Message