[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Greenville SC Fireball image captured 8-6-01 ~2230pm EST

Hi,

I've taken a look at the picture and relevant communications.
http://www.pairlistdot net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-August/004844.html states
the meteor went from NNE to SSW. "Over my shoulder" to me means coming into
view from behind your back. Which fits the directional description, because the
picture clearly looks towards Saggitarius, i.e. S-SW. In other words, the
picture captures the END of the trail, not the beginning. And thus the
direction is opposite to what is suggested below. At least, That's how I figure
it out. Nice image by the way! Must have been e very nice meteor too.

Marco Langbroek (Dutch Meteor Society)