[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) [Admin fwd] Re: No Perseids for Greater NY area (again!)

Sorry to hear the northeast is suffering ill-timed weather again :(

Wayne, so you feel that Lew has the best chance of seeing the Perseids
from Florida. Sorry but I must defend San Diego County's record. Our
record is just opposite of Joe's. In the last 30 years we have probably
missed 5-6 displays due to clouds. That is just off the top of my head.
It could be less than that. The only years I can really recall was 1973
when I was camping and looking forward to a good display and the 1994
fiasco that was only partially obscured. Fact was in 94 there were clear
patches in the county but we made the wrong decision to stay put.

Looking at the current national satellite picture south Florida looks a
bit nasty while San Diego County has a few puffs of cumulus over the
mountains. I hope for Lew's sake that the clouds dissipate as evening
arrives. If not I tell him how the view was from here.

Best Wishes to All for Clear Skies Tonight!

Bob Lunsford