[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids in South Carolina

Greetings Folks,

This is my first report so forgive any blunders. I came in from observing
between 10:30 and 11:45 EST Sunday night Aug. 12. We had pleasant weather, a
gentle breeze and NO mosquitoes! A real pleasure after some 98+ weather with
high humidity the last few days. I saw 14 meteors, 11 Perseids. All but two
were white, under two seconds, fast moving - a couple with long trains. The
two others were yellow, slower, brighter and left brief trails. Three seemed
to originate from the area of Hercules and end near the Great Square of
Pegasus. Still working on reading these star charts.

What do folks use to record detailed information - glow in the dark pens!?
Suggestions welcome.

Deborah Bailey