[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids August 12/13, 2001

   Although there were periods of scattered clouds, I was able to get in an
hour of post maximum observations from Greenbelt. The best meteor seen was a
0 magnitude Perseid that I saw while walking to the local softball fields to
observe. It had a beautiful orange color and a white stellar nucleus.

               Perseids August 12/13, 2001 - Greenbelt, Maryland

   Date    Time (UT)   LM   % Cloudy NDA  NIA  SPO  PER  Total    Comments
Aug.12/13  8:00-9:00   4.5     40%    1    1    2    7     11  Moon - FOV Var.

                         Perseid Magnitude Distribution

                               -1  0  1  2  3  4
                                0  0  5  0  2  0

GWG