[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids Aug 11/12 from RBK, Slovenia

On 13 Aug 01, at 21:51, J A wrote:

> Great report... sounds like a good night.. however, I'm prompted to reply
> "ZERO DEGREES C in August!!" ... is it usually that cold in August in
> Slovenia?   what a bummer.. now i really feel fortunate of Bob and mine
> 70degF temps all night ..... :-P

Joseph,
most of our observing locations are higher than 1000m a.s.l. for a
better sky transparency and to get away from cities. The usual
temperatures in August range from about 0-10 deg. C there.
They are also good because there are no mosquitos that high.
The mosquitos really like me, so I prefer lower temperatures when
observing.

Clear skies!
Javor

E-mail: javor.kac@orion-drustvodot si