[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bright Perseids last night...

Greetings all,

For the fourth night in a row, I was out to meteor observe under a
dark transparent sky (LM=6.5). This August drought could not have
come at a better time :-) I managed 2 hours teff with clear skies...

August 13/14 was interesting, I noticed quite a few bright Perseids.
There were several vividly coloured Perseids with persistent trains.
The highlight was a magnitude -4 Perseid that travelled 40 degrees
into the south, exploding near the end of its path, and leaving
behind an 8 seconds long persistent train.

Also appeared to have decent rates soming from the NIA or NDA
radiants. Will decode the tape later today.

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario