[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids from the Sierra Nevada Mts.

--- GeoZay@aol.com wrote:

> Out of curiosity, where in northern California? I'm
> preparing to move up in
> that direction myself before too long....roughly in
> Calaveras County near
> Angels Camp.
> GeoZay

...we're in Nevada County, Soda Springs, just off
Donner Pass Rd,about 5 miles from Donner Lake, a mile
from I-80 (hidden but ya sure can hear it). And only
about 5 miles from one of these wildfires!

It is incredible here...so different from the mts. of
North Carolina and the dunes of Lake Michigan and much
flatter Ohio.

=====
Gregg, Innkeeper at Always Inn B and B, Soda Springs, CA
 Suite101 Contributing Editor - http://www.suite101.com
 my website, cobwebbed? http://pages.prodigy.com/daddy
- 30,000 visitors as of July 20, 2001!