[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) double-count

Chris,
I am a big fan of the double count method. I have been told that it isn't done much here in the U.S.  Most active observers do so singly.
Our group did some simultaneous observing and encoded our sighting by generating a sound tone on audio tape. Three observers were hooked into the tape. We made allowances for reaction time - up to one second.  Our coefficients were predominantly in the .6 range or 60-70% seen. Both youth and experience seemed to be a factor though the experiment was not carried out long enough to empirically support the hypothesis.
If you would like to correspond further and directly let me know. I, for one, would be interested in what technology you used to collect the data.

Tom