[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid Report Delay/Questions

Hi Mark,
             You seem to be pretty much in the same "boat" as I am.  After
getting home and looking at the numbers of what I had recorded and those of
others that have been posted (and have more experience with serious meteor
watching than I do) it appears that many of what I recorded as sporadic must
have been Perseids.
 Even though the location where I was had good LM, facing
the radiant or 30-40 degree away from it was not possible without having car
lights interfere. I know that probably sounds odd (good LM, car headlights)
but you have to be familiar with Long Key, Fl. to know what Im describing.
Thus the radiant was behind me over my left shoulder.  Lew was there also
whose report Im sure you will be seeing soon. Anyway I cant tell you how to
be certain if a meteor is a shower member unless the radiant  is somewhat in
my/your field of view.  Of course there is always the shoestring method but I
have not graduated to that yet.  Im sure many of the more experienced will be
chiming in with a response to your question.