[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids from the Sierra Nevada Mts.

--- GeoZay@aol.com wrote:

> I know the area quite well....use to roam around
> Donner lake and along I-80
> during my younger years. Enjoyed the Yuba river a
> lot. There's some dark
> skies there....as well as deep snow.  :o)   That's
> about where the roads get
> closed during winter snow storms.
> GeoZay

...yeah...the locals, each and every one of 'em, when
they learn we are recently arrived from N.C., smirk,
shake their head, and ask, "Do you know how much snow
we get here?".

I just wonder if I'll be able to find a pile of snow
to watch the Gemninids from? Perhaps I'll plant a
banner, claiming the pile in the name of the inn....

=====
Gregg, Innkeeper at Always Inn B and B, Soda Springs, CA
 Suite101 Contributing Editor - http://www.suite101.com
 my website, cobwebbed? http://pages.prodigy.com/daddy
- 30,000 visitors as of July 20, 2001!