[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shoestring

>P.S : We spoke about shoestring to trace meteors back. I tried this method
>during the Perseids : it works pretty well ! I encouraged all >people who
>can to try this ! Very easy moreover !

  For the first time I, too, tried the ol' shoestring thanks to Bob who
brought one during our Perseid obs... and I must add I was 'off base' with
my earelier comment about black shoestring against dark sky.  Intuitively, I
thought a BRIGHT colored string would work better.  I was clearly in error.
The black shoestring showed up VERY well against
the backdrop of the night sky.

  I echo Karls comments and recommend everyone who is trying to collect data
and make meteor shower associations should try this EZ method for tracing
meteor path back to radiant.

Joseph