[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Florida Keys Night Skies: Darkest and best I have ever seen!

Both Norman W. McLeod and I can vouch for the 7.0 - 7.5 limiting
magnitudes in the Lower Florida Keys as we observed there often in the
late 1970's in early 1980's.  However  I am pleasantly surprised to hear
that these type of skies are still available with the subtle growth &
development experienced in the Florida Keys.  Then again with just U.S. 1
linking a series of "islands," there is only so much growth & development
that can take place.  Plus, I have traveled around the world to different
places and even out in the middle of the ocean, I have not seen limiting
magnitudes that surpass the ones I saw while observing in the Florida
Keys.  Just thought you all should know that this is indeed a very
realistic claim!
		In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez

* This morning (0054 EDT) I saw a beautiful Kappa Cygnid (0.0 magnitude
and orange).  It was the first real nice KC that I have seen since August
1977. *