[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Humidity

I know that Robert Lunsford takes the humidity at his observing site at
some time during his observing.  Maybe others do too.  I was wondering
if anyone has ever checked for a correlation between LM and humidity.
The simplest way to do this would be to make a point graph of LM verses
Humidity.  Or you can mathematical using regression analysis (least
square fitting to curves). The reason I ask is if there is no
precipitation in the form of ice crystal, snow, rain, clouds or fog, I
see no pro or con for this.  It may surprise some people that moist air
is lighter than dry air.  However since the same density of molecules
are involved in any case you might not think there would be any
correlation. What brought this to mind was Mike Linnolt mentioning that
the humidity was low at one of his sights.  You might also wish  to take
into account altitude, or atmospheric pressure if you have that data.
I'm assuming that atmospheric pressure is a measure of the air mass.
This would require a way to graph in three dimensions or the
mathematical approach.