[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Humidity

Robert/All,

The humidity at ground level varies drastically with elevation.  A better
way is to log onto a weather website that displays the RAWINSONDE data
collected by weather balloons twice a day around the globe, at 00 and 1200
hours UTC from many locations.  My favorite location from San Diego,
California USA is:

http://meteora.ucsddot edu/weather/cdf/images/myf_skewt.gif

that displays data through the atmosphere which tells the humidity,
temperature, and windspeed/direction versus altitude.  The graphs are a
little difficult to learn how to read, but overall the LM and visibility
depend on <all> the layers in the atmosphere, not just ground level
readings.  A good websearch would include "skewt" or "RAWINSONDE" to find
other locations.

Clear Skies,
Jim  jfoster@adnc.com
Eastern San Diego County, Southern California, USA
 32 deg 41.346 N
 116 deg 45.357 W
 2188 ft. elevation