[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Peresids Aug.17/18

    I was able to get out for a couple of hours of late Perseid meteor watch-
ing at Mountain Meadows, in Mathias, West Virginia on Saturday morning. I only
meteor observed for two hours because I wanted to do some extensive deep-sky
observing. The supernova in NGC 3953 was 14.2 magnitude. The galaxy is near
M 109 and is fairly easy to find in Ursa Major if anyone wants to hunt it down.
Anyway, it was a pretty good night overall. Below is a short summary for the
meteor data. I'll send a complete report to Bob later.

                   Mountain Meadows, Mathias, West Virginia
                               Sky 100% Clear

    Date     Time (UT)  LM   PER  NIA  NDA  Napx  CAP  SPO  Total   Comments
 Aug. 17/18  4:00-5:00  6.4   1    2    1    1     1    6     12  FOV 1.0 +40
 Aug. 17/18  5:00-6:00  6.3   4    2    1    2     0    5     14  FOV 1.7 +44

                            Persid Magnitudes
                           -1  0  1  2  3  4
              4:00-5:00 UT  0  0  0  1  0  0
              5:00-6:00 UT  1  0  0  2  0  1