[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: technique

Dear MeteorObs:

Got the first roll of slides back from the processing lab today. Results
were a bit disappointing..my notes from the observing session indicated two
possible "catches" at 04:32 UT (exposure 19) and 04:59 UT (exp 28). But it
didn't work out. I had the camera piggybacked on my NexStar using the scope
as a "viewfinder". Exposures look pretty good. I was using Elitechrome 100
with a 24mm/f2.8 lens and 2 minute exposures. I had the lab push them 2
stops.

I'll pick up two more rolls from the session tomorrow (Tuesday). My notes
show 5 more "possibles" in 42 additional exposures...we'll see!

I think one problem may be that the camera was aimed a bit closer to the
horizon than I would have liked...but I think my technique is improving.

Regards,

Mark S. Williams
Elizabeth, IN, USA