[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Coming in November Sky & Telescope: "Is This the Leonids' Ye...

In a message dated 8/28/2001 12:32:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
byen00@earthlinkdot net writes:

I couldn't believe that S&T article on the Geminids, a while back.  It
totally ignored the radiant-rise, & looking for earth grazers.  The
author is very naive, & misinformed readers on properly observing the '98
Geminids.  I observed one of the most memorable meteors, a Geminid
horizon to horizon earth-grazer:

I feel like you are stepping on the toes of an old freind here.  Until
Astronomy came around S+T was the only astronomy magazine avail to "layman"
like myself.  The Aug/88 issue has an article on meteor watching by Alan
Macrobert which (at least to this layman) is well worth reading.  Now if we
could only get them to put that open tube telescope back on the cover the way
it used to be!

                                    Jeff Wilson