[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) comments on postings

I have been clouded or rained of all the big events for the last 2 years. We
had no rain her in South Central PA for 9 weeks until the week of the
Persieds when the heavens opened with rain.  Have seen some sporadics and a
nice fireball but that is it. I still keep looking up and am really looking
foward to November. I always save vacation for it - like Linus looking for
the Great Pumpkin.
Anything that is posted even if slighty off topic is interesting. What I do
not have interest in I delete. This is a learning and sharing opportunity and
some of the members really know there stuff. I always enjoy when Jure posts.
If is slightly off topic it may give me some other avenues to think about.
Some of it is technical which encourages more learning in that direction.
May I suggest if it is too off topic to write the topic in the subject line.
Then it may be deleted by those not interested. I was recently given a
telescope - I think my husband thought I was in meteor withdrawal- and
actually enjoyed some of the discussion about articles in a magazine.  Maybe
this rank amatuer should not subscribe to it. If one member wishes to
lambaste another it would be nice to reply privately to that person. Public
or list humilation is usually not well recieved.
If any member wants to pull together some sort of best guess for the November
festivities that would be wonderful. My location is 40.1470 N and 77.1710
South Central PA . I enjoy this list and there are are lot of Girl and Boy
Scouts who have used the information on this list to earn badges. I
appreciate it. I cannot get into the digest for some reason. Is there a main
list of all the top meteor sites? I will be in true dark sky country camping
6-10 September in rural NY Finger Lakes region and have my fingers crossed
for some sort of wonderful event in the sky.  Thank you for your time. The
list elves do a good job.
Keep your eyes on the sky and your feet on the ground.
Margaret