Subject: Bright meteor on 14 Aug  about 0200 Z
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:29:08 -0500
From: Walkowiak William LtCol 960 AACS/DOF <William.Walkowiak@tinker.af.mil>
To: aa063@chebucto.nsdot ca

Hi there,

I was flying on a USAF E-3 Sentry aircraft about 0200Z on 14 August near
Moncton Canada heading east.  The brightest object I had ever seen in 17
years of flying lit up the sky.  It was like a white flare and seemed to be
near us.  It lit up the sky and the earth underneath for about 5 seconds.
It seemed to travel fron the south heading North/Northeast.  It was bright
enough to shield your eyes fgrom the cockpit.  It seems to be almost 22
hours after your Russian photo.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lt Col Bill Walkowiak
Tinker AFB, OK