[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2001 Perseids, 2000 Leonids

Dear friends,

I finally put a dozen of images both from 2001 perseids and 2000 Leonids on
my page ...

2001'sPerseids photos can be found at this direct URL.
http://www.astrosurf.com/carnets-astronome/filantes/2001perseides.htm
They were taken with 24 or 50 mm lens and 400 iso film.
As I told in a previous mail, on the august 12-13 night, there was a -5
bolid leaving a persistant trail visible for about 12 min.
Enough time to catch 2 photos with a 50 mm lens and another one with a 200
mm lens.
I add an amazing photo with a rater faint sporadic and ..surprise ! Please
look at the last photo at the bottom of the page.

2000's  Leonids photos can be found here :
http://www.astrosurf.com/carnets-astronome/leonides/leonides2000photosrecit.
As you remember, there was an gibbous moon, very hard to take good photos in
this conditions due to the clear sky ...
But I tried to "wash" the images taken that night using some trips found in
the S&T september issue "Fixing vignetting in astrophoto". Unfortunately,
the Leonids were not as bright as expected and only faint leonids were
recorded ; but the results are quite impressive as you can see, 'cause after
processing one can't find almost no trace of the initial background light
I tought this method can be used with success for some difficult photos.
Maybe for next year leonids with full moon ...

Christophe