[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Symbol

I received the following question and don't have an answer personally.
Is there anyone who can shed some light on this subject? Yes, I know
that there were no ancient symbols for Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and the
asteroids.

Thanks!

Bob Lunsford

Hello, I am a student in High school and my astronomy teacher recently
gave us some extra credit homework.  One question he asked was whether
the ancient greeks had a symbol for meteors and if they did what was it?
I know they had symbols for all 9 planets, the asteroid belt, and for
comets. Could you please tell me if there is a symbol for a meteor.  I
would greatly appreciate it.