[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Cassiopeids

> In the Russian catalogs, among annual meteoric showers noticeably are
> selected Cassiopeids, which reach a maximum about July 28 (RA = 14deg.,
DEC.
> = +63., Vg = 60 km/sec.). This shower operates from July 17 till August
15.
> During a maximum Nh = 18 meteors at one hour, that almost as for major
> meteoric showers. But Cassiopeids are not featured in the browses IMO. I
nor
> have met this shower for G.Kronk?

Dear Sergey,

The main problem is nearby Perseids radiant which confused right
identification
of Cassiopeids members. I hear that for now we detect meteors for this one
only telescopic. I have listed on my old notes also others on this region
such
for example Kappa Cassiopeids.

Best regards,
Maciej