[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dates of meteor showers this year (also NEW LINKS)

Cindy, a non-'meteorobs' subscriber, asks:

>We may have already missed the summer showers...
>Would you send us the dates for the Leonids? Thank you.

Hi, Cindy, and thanks for the note! There are several resources on
the Web, for folks who would mainly just like to "enjoy a shooting
star show" with their friends and families...

Here is a Web site that should have some links which you'll enjoy:

    http://www.meteorobs.org/links.html#other

(SUBSCRIBERS NOTE! We just added some interesting new links here!)

Here are some "Meteor Calendars" for 2001. Pick the one YOU find
most easy to use, and print it out to put up on your refrigator:
    http://www.meteorobs.org/showers.html#when
    http://www.namnmeteors.org/2001targets.html
    http://www.amsmeteors.org/imo-mirror/calendar/cal01.html
    http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/calendar.html

And if you want to find out more about OBSERVING meteors (which is
something anyone can do, with a little practice), take a look at:
    http://www.namnmeteors.org

Clear skies, and may you see many meteors! :)
Lew Gramer, North American Meteor Network