[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) RE: meteorobs-digest V3 #731

IRIDIUM 65 was right on time... at 20:45 EDT 9/11/01
It was more than absolutely brilliant at -7 on an extremely clear and quiet
night, and I had finally coaxed my wife to come outside with me.
She saw her 'first' flare... and it was definitely a very brilliant one,
but I've seen many and this time, all I could hear was the defeaning SILENCE
of this lone object gliding across the sky.
Nothing else in the air but sadness.
My condolences to all of America, and the rest of the world, touched by
yesterday's tragedy.
Bruce
Hamilton, Canada
43.263 N